Monday, March 30, 2009

Blog Group Challenge


Good evening, hope all is well with you. I've finally got my card done for my blog group challenge. Our challenge this time was to use a quote or verse as our main image. This was totally new for me. I've never used either one of these, let alone not stamped on my card. But once I got going, it all came together very nicely. I have no stamps with quotes or verses, so I remembered a pack of vellum quotes that I bought along time ago and never used-big surprise there. The CS is DCWV-Red Carpet-bling line. The DP is Paper Adventures. The brads are from Target $1 spot-love that place. The ribbon is from michael's, and the bottom edge is punched with a fiskars edge punch. Hope you like it, thanks for looking.


13 comments:

Ozzie's Greeting Cards by Tanja said...

Love your card. It looks great

Michelle said...

You did a fantastic job! I have to struggle to find the worded stamps too. They don't tend to be quite as versatile as a picture stamp! I love those vellum quotes though...great card!!

Jaspere said...

This is great. What a fun challenge. I love the idea of using the sentiment as the main image....that I rarely do.

Anne said...

Great quote-very nice job!

Dru said...

Very pretty, love the layout. LYMom

Jacquel said...

Great card and love the colors! nice work!!!

Unknown said...

great card and colors., love it.

Jennifer Scull said...

that is one of my fave sayings! super cute! :)

Carmen said...

Love the use of the vellum it works for the challenge. I have several sheets of vellum quotes that I have never gotten around to using....hmmmm imagine that...... LOL Your card is wonderful. Thanks for playing.

Unknown said...

Great use of those vellum quotes. I have a ton and I always forget about them. Lovely card and I love the monkeys on your blog...very fun.

specialcraftmom4 said...

Beautiful card! I love the verse. Great idea to use the vellum quotes.

Gina Lindsay said...

Great job with the challenge! Your paper and layout are great. I find that I buy quote stamps and never use them.

Peggy M said...

This was new for me also. I used the only inspiration sentiment i had on mine. Nice job on the challenge! As a very new member of this group, I look forward to getting to know you! Thanks for sharing.